To enlarge the Family of God by providing an environment and ministry based on Bible principles
- that leads seekers into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- that edifies individual believers in their walk with Christ;
- that edifies families and their relationship's one with another and with Christ;
- that equips each believer to do the work of the ministry in their circle of influence.
We Believe in Five Purposes
- We were planned for God's pleasure - Worship
- We were formed for God's Family - Fellowship
- We were created to become like Christ - Discipleship
- We were shaped for serving God - Ministry
- We were made for a mission - Evangelism
History of Faith Family Christian Center
We started out as Faith Temple Church back in 1951 when Bill and Novella Terveen started holding worship services and Bible studies in their home in south Kelso. After a short time, that group of people bought the first piece of property at the present location and began holding services in an old Army tent.
In 1961 Robert C. Giles became the interim pastor while the Terveens took a nine month leave of absence. They never returned and R. C. Giles was the senior pastor for the next 39 years, until June of 2000. At the time he passed the "baton" on to his son Bob, who is the present senior pastor. In the fall of 2001 we began doing business as Faith Family Christian Center.
We are non-denominational. We do, however, belong to an association of churches with the non-profit corporation name of Grace International. Grace International is currently serving over one hundred sixty five thousand members, twenty four hundred churches, in more than seventy countries. It has an elected president and a board of directors who oversee and provide leadership for their ministers. Grace International provides an environment for each church to move in the vision God gives them, and yet provide an accountability factor that keeps us going straight. For more background on Grace International see https://gracechurches.tv/
What We Believe: The Core IssuesAt Faith Family, we believe there are core issues we should all agree on:
- ~ the inspiration of the Bible,
- ~ the Trinity,
- ~ the virgin birth of Jesus and
- ~ His physical resurrection.
Experience has taught us that there is much in the Bible that leaves room for more than one opinion. We try to remember that it is more important to be loving than to be right. For more specific information, please read our doctrinal statement.